Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QFG4 1/2 ... So you thought you were a hero?  (Read 10783 times)
Ghost_Rider

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2004, 01:46:45 AM »

Has anyone heard of this game?  I just stumbled upon it, and downloaded it.  VERY strange.  I mean, I have a weird sense of humour, but this thing is seriously warped.  The setup appears to be based on the QFG1 map with a small part of KQ5 added into it.
HondaSiR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 02:16:27 AM »

Can you supply us a link so that we can check it out?
Marten
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 02:25:55 AM »

It is easily located through Home of the Underdogs

Quest for Glory 4 1/2: So You Thought You Were a Hero?

You can also find Space Quest 0: Replicated there.
HondaSiR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 02:35:09 AM »

Thanks Marten, I'll drop by the place later tonight to check it out.  Smiley
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 08:58:44 AM »

Warped? I loved it! I was actually thinking about the game this week.

I think every fan should play it. Well, every fan over 18 Smiley

- Alistair
Tom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 12:36:51 PM »

I agree; it is very warped.  I've heard a lot of negatives and positives -- positives only in the sense that it relates to Quest For Glory.  Other than that...  I guess whether one thinks it's of any value depends on their character and personality.

Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 01:12:26 PM »

I suppose I don't agree with some of the sexual content, but other than that it was quite cool, funny and a clever take on a lot of current circumstances.
Especially some of the real QFG-style stuff. The meeps bit was great!

- Alistair
Marten
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 08:04:39 PM »

Even AGDInteractive started out with the intent to create a rather rude send-up of King's Quest.

Perhaps the team behind QG4.5 will grow in the same manner.
Tom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 09:43:54 PM »

Yes they did...which is why, after quite a bit of thought, I decided not to  associate Quest Studios with Tierra's first project.  The AGD's agreed with my reasons and abandoned the project...and KQ2VGA was born.

Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 11:54:16 PM »

Oh, the infamous 'Royal Quest'.

You've always been on the 'condervative' side, haven't you, Tom? I suppose it has upheld QuestStudios in a professional manner.

- Alistair
Ghost_Rider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 12:53:04 AM »

The link that Marten posted is the place I got it from.  They have a homepage posted on the Home of the Underdogs page, but when I go to it, it tries to install some program called Gain (which is advertiser stuff I think).  If you close that down, the page does not seem to come up.  Just a warning in case you go to the review page, I'd avoid the homepage they have listed for the game.

As for the game yes, I mean it is pretty funny, but not something I'd share with younger family members.  The sarcasm, the politically incorrect parts, the adult content especially is somewhat amusing, but I don't know... somewhat degrading too?  I am not easily offended, so the game doesn't really strike a nerve with me or anything.  I was just surprised at the content of the game.
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 06:07:02 AM »

Believe me, I was shocked. First time I played the game was about 2 years ago, and I had my (quite) younger brother nearby. Oops!

- Alistair
theufw
Associate Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 05:47:27 AM »

I saw it, but I didnt dare to try it...maybe I should....but perhaps my perseption of Quest for Glory will change, so...better not...Smiley
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 12:52:06 PM »

Man, I was such a wanker back in those days. Smiley

Although it's been a while since I played it, it's definitely worth playing. It's basically QFG1VGA but kinda adult, just because it's called QFG4 1/2 it doesn't mean it comes after QFG4, really, it should have been called QFG2 1/2 or something. (Though, there are references to other QFG references.)

I think people are way too conservative about this sort of thing, at least in one sense.

Why all this pontificating about whether or not to play it? By all means, say you don't like it and won't play any further IF you've given it a go and decided it's not your kinda thing, but I'm at a loss to understand why people keep asking the question, "Should I play it", except that people are basically prudes and conservative. Which is probably true of our (the Sierra) community to a large extent, but conservatism and whether the game's any good is two separate things.

I never completed it due to time issues, and partially because I was a little offput by some of the adult themes. But I was a 15 year old virgin at the time, so some of the more adult themes were maybe over my head and confronting, at the time. Looking back I think the game (at least, as much as I played of it) was hilarious and actually, much funnier and better than the original, dreary, QFG1VGA remake.

And to be fair, if you look past the sexual content (of which there isnt much, it's all centered in one or two places), it's really just a usual sort of QFG game (like 1VGA and 3), except more spoofy of itself, rather than of RPG's/movies/etc. in general. It fits neatly into the QFG series, and to be perfectly honest I think if some of the more adult scenes were cut it'd be a QFG fan's favourite, and not 'hidden behind closed doors' and whispered about, at least, quite so much.

Anyway. It's an excellent fangame, what I played of it anyway. Recommend, 2 thumbs up.

- Alistair
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: