Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conquests of Camelot Widdershins music  (Read 3967 times)
widdershins
Associate Member

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2005, 04:34:13 AM »

I love that little tune, I wonder if it'll ever be available or is somewhere that I just can't find? Cheesy
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 11:56:12 AM »

I recorded it a couple months ago, and it's edited too I think, so I can send it to you in the next few days if you like.

Just send me an email.. Smiley

- Alistair
Ari
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 12:52:33 PM »

I'd like a copy as well, if it's not too much trouble?  :wink:

I feel like I'm diagonally-parked in a parallel universe
Tom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 05:31:09 PM »

The Conquest Of Camelot digital soundtrack is also on my to-do list for this summer.  http://www.queststudios.com/quest/cdmisc/cdmisc.html  So many soundtracks, so little time.  Smiley

Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 01:22:29 AM »

For the moment, it can be found on my FTP here: Feel free to post it on QuestStudios or make a digital recording of it, guys. It's a very basic track..

http://smc.sq7.org/miscfile/widder.mid
(This is the raw MT-32 edited MIDI, for appearing in a Camelot MT-32 MIDI soundtrack, which I was working on at one point)

Regards,
- Alistair
Ari
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 12:01:56 PM »

Bummer... I'd hoped you had a digital recording of it.
Oh well...

Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 12:17:30 PM »

Lazybones- you could always sent Tom's Camelot SysEx bank to your Roland and listen and/or record it yourself! I have a number of projects and real life things to get on with. Smiley

- Alistair
Ari
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 12:36:18 PM »

You're calling me lazy?? You could have embedded the sysex quite easily, and edited the theme in a couple of minutes at the most.

If you're going to do something, do it all the way.  Tongue

Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 12:42:40 PM »

You're calling me lazy?? You could have embedded the sysex quite easily, and edited the theme in a couple of minutes at the most.

If you're going to do something, do it all the way.

This would be true- if it was the case. I recorded all the music from Camelot after I played it a couple months ago, and started work on the MT-32 MIDI soundtrack, which was given up on somewhere along the way (guess I didn't need another project).

This is one of the tracks I edited along the way. I uploaded it when I had no time, in good faith, so you folks could hear it. If you want to hear it so badly, least you can do is upload a SysEx bank to your module. Tongue

It's akin to calling Tom 'lazy' for every MT-32 MIDI file on this site that doesn't have embedded SysEx..

- Alistair
Ari
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 01:12:41 PM »

I don't want it that badly, and thus, I would have waited till you had time to do it right, but you said you had it edited, so I figured it would be nice to hear it.

The Only themes that don't have embedded sysex in them, are old themes Tom recorded and uploaded years ago and even they come in a zip file with the sysex file attached. in the last 6 years or so, every theme Tom uploaded to this site has been uploaded with embedded sysex in it (if it needed sysex at all).

I just think that the next time you jump and say "I recorded it, just email me" make sure you really have it in a presentable form.

Ivar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 08:33:06 PM »

Tom,

The List for this summer looks great. I'll be especially looking forward to Police Quest3, which is one of my favorite soundtracks.

Regarding Conquests of the Longbow, will you stick with the current version whic is available for download? (I also have it on cd and it is quite good)
Or are you planning to "upgrade" it with your well-known style, to make it sound even more fantastic? (using the optimal sounds of different modules and such)

Fantastic work in progress....I don't think we could have ever dreamt all these soundtracks to be available digitally a few years ago Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: