Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of war between Israel and Lebanon  (Read 32714 times)
Alison

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2006, 02:04:43 PM »

This is definitely NOT a politically correct tune, but these are showing up all over the 'net, now.  

http://dump.geenstijl.nl/mediabase/2777/a9cb874b/index.html
Ari
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2006, 02:25:08 PM »

Unbelievable!
I never thought this tune would become so popular. I admit it's a little cruel, but I don't think it's quite as bad as some of the propoganda I've seen Hezbollah make against Jews.
Originally this song was sung in one of the satirical TV shows that popped up at the begining of the fighting to cheer up the Israeli citizens who had been sitting in bomb shelters for days.

There's nothing really non-PC about this song, as it is directed pretty much solely at Nasrallah himself. I think we've got a pretty good reason to hate him...  :roll:

I feel like I'm diagonally-parked in a parallel universe
Alison

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2006, 03:00:21 PM »

Quote from: Ari
Unbelievable!
I never thought this tune would become so popular. I admit it's a little cruel, but I don't think it's quite as bad as some of the propoganda I've seen Hezbollah make against Jews.
Originally this song was sung in one of the satirical TV shows that popped up at the begining of the fighting to cheer up the Israeli citizens who had been sitting in bomb shelters for days.

There's nothing really non-PC about this song, as it is directed pretty much solely at Nasrallah himself. I think we've got a pretty good reason to hate him...  :roll:

It's just a standard, generic warning that some people might be offended by the content.

It's no worse than all the Bin Laden games, cartoons, and videos that came out during the Afghanistan war, and were widely circulated on the 'net at that time.  I must have received dozens of links to that game where you put a crosshair on a running and hiding Bin Laden to bring down a missle on him.  There were Bin Laden t-shirts sold, with his picture in a crosshair on them, and also toilet paper, with his picture on each piece.  

As I recall, we had several organizations here, that protested the materials as being insensitive of arabs, and might make tensions and confrontations worse.  

Being politically correct has forced a lot of people to freeze for fear of offending someone else, or they just constantly spin, to face the strongest opinion of the day.

I hope you stay safe, Ari.
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2006, 02:04:48 PM »

Just wanted to reassert the message that I hope Ari and other people in the areas (Lebanon, Palestine etc) from this board are safe and well.

Ari, I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye or even got along, but that's totally trivial when we're talking how you're doing. I still care about ya, and hope you and your family/friends has not come to harm.

On my more usual tack, I love Jan Egeland. I totally aspire to be someone like him. Israel has done some nasty things in this war (cluster bombs 3 hours before likely ceasefire).

- Alistair
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: