Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King's Quest 7?  (Read 14972 times)
Timitu
Associate Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2006, 07:24:21 PM »

I remember hearing something a long time ago about someone asking for it, and I went and searched and skimmed though another post about someone asking for it (I cant remember if it was the same one I read before or not) but I am wondering, has there been a full version made. Sorry my terms are super bad. I don't start Sound class till next week then I will be learning about the sound formats and recorders and such. So if you need to explain something about that area of things go easy on me. I almost failed the basic sound class last year I cant believe my friends talked me into taking it this year. Tongue

I know you guys have a few songs from it but is there any plans to make more?

I love all your other soundtracks and listen to them... well all the time. I have them on repeat and shuffle on my computer almost all the time cause my sick dog likes some noise in the house when we are gone. Smiley
Tom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:29:32 PM »

We have the song files available from KQ7, it's just that because of busy schedules, getting things posted isn't always as often as we like.  I believe KQ7 was one of the projects Alistair was working on, but I'm not positive.  I've never played KQ7, so I'm probably not the best person to be editing music from the game.  Anyway, your request has been noted.

Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 03:46:32 AM »

I recorded the whole soundtrack from KQ7 last year. It was a MASSIVE undertaking. It's in the next 5 MIDI soundtracks and CD's I intend to produce, as I loved the game and the music very much. I think it's a better soundtrack than even KQ5 and 6 in a number of ways.

Gotta do Kyrandia first though!

Regards,
- Alistair
MusicallyInspired

-Inspired by Mike Oldfield

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »

I think it's a better soundtrack than even KQ5 and 6 in a number of ways.

You, sir, have far different musical tastes than I. Tongue

"Booyah! Look out, LeChuck! Here comes Guybrush Threepwood's glowing sword of hot monkey vengeance!"
-Guybrush Threepwood, Tales of Monkey Island
Timitu
Associate Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 03:09:27 PM »

I have to agree with Alistair, I love the music in Kings Quest 7. It is my favourite of them all. But I do also like KQ5 and KQ6 music so I do see how someone could really like thoese more then KQ7. But KQ7 is my fav. Tongue

It will be awesome when it is done. I am also a big fan of the music from Kyrandia as well. That too was a favourite game growing up, it will be neet to hear that when it is done. Smiley
Boogeyman

Gotcha!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:09:15 AM »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QO9J8BHH

Viva la revolucion!
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 05:08:44 AM »

MI, I didn't say, "KQ7 soundtrack is way better than KQ5 and 6". My personal opinion is that in quality, all 3 are EXCELLENT. And about equal quality.

Why do I think KQ7 is so good? Simply because it's a WELL-DONE SC-55 score. KQ5 suffers because orchestral doesn't work so well on the MT-32. KQ6 is wonderful. KQ7 is wodnerful, but *also* has some orchestral pieces (a lot of them) that are beautiful EVEN on a SC-55!

I think a misconception is that KQ7's score is boring and 'happy and fluffy' like the game. It's really not- there's a lot of 'spooky' music and also beautiful orchestral music. I guess people prefer KQ6 because the game was amazing. I actually thought KQ7 was a really good game, too. Better than KQ6? <shrugs> Depends which one I played last. I thought in some ways, each was better than the other. Interface? Obviously, point-n-click beats one-click-does-all. Music? Both are great. But, even though Tom's KQ6 CD is only MT-32 and SC-55, I think it's very good. I intend to record every Sierra soundtrack (more or less) some day, but KQ7 has never had a SC-55 MIDI soundtrack or a CD. I'll do all 3 hopefully not long after Kyrandia.

Regards,
- Alistair

P.S. Boogeyman- can't figure out how to download it, but if it's the Adlib soundtrack, then that's NOT the "OST". That's like calling the Larry 3 "OST" the PC Speaker beeps and boops. "OST" implies the original soundtrack, in MIDI scores, the original device it was composed for/way it was supposed to sound.
Boogeyman

Gotcha!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 11:51:43 PM »

It isn't the AdLib soundtrack. Most of it was recorded on the Mac, with the last few fanfares(including Spike's theme)from the DOS version.

It is totally complete, Sierra fanfare aside.

Viva la revolucion!
Tom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 12:53:31 AM »

Hey Boogeyman...how the heck do you download this ZIP file?  Wasn't KQ7 composed on the SC-55?

Boogeyman

Gotcha!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 02:35:27 AM »

I have reuploaded to RapidShare:
http://rapidshare.de/files/31268053/King_s_Quest_7_OST.zip.html

Viva la revolucion!
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 04:06:41 AM »

It isn't the AdLib soundtrack. Most of it was recorded on the Mac, with the last few fanfares(including Spike's theme)from the DOS version.

It is totally complete, Sierra fanfare aside.

Spike's theme? That's SQ5, man.

Ironically, I *think* it's the SC-55 soundtrack, but recorded so poorly that it sounds like the Adlib soundtrack!

- Alistair
Boogeyman

Gotcha!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 07:52:56 PM »

I was reffering to Spike the troll.
"Stupid toy rat!"

Viva la revolucion!
dreixel
Associate Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 10:02:16 AM »

Any news regarding this soundtrack? I really loved it and would like to have it...
Boogeyman

Gotcha!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 10:19:45 AM »

Well, here's my recent re-rip:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=12LSBRI6

Now, if I could get it to sound like this in SCI Viewer, I could do a much better rip, and possibly include more beta tracks.

Viva la revolucion!
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 01:23:07 PM »

Dreixel- I'll hopefully pick this project up this year, but I'm pretty unreliable Smiley Marriage kind of came before my KQ7 project (the last time I attempted it was a month before I got married, Dec 2005, if that gives any hints).

Anyway. Let's hope this time I do get a chance!

Regards,
- Alistair
dreixel
Associate Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 07:27:11 PM »

Well, here's my recent re-rip:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=12LSBRI6

Now, if I could get it to sound like this in SCI Viewer, I could do a much better rip, and possibly include more beta tracks.

Thanks! The quality is very poor, though, but it's better than nothing.
dreixel
Associate Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 07:28:43 PM »

Dreixel- I'll hopefully pick this project up this year, but I'm pretty unreliable Smiley Marriage kind of came before my KQ7 project (the last time I attempted it was a month before I got married, Dec 2005, if that gives any hints).

Anyway. Let's hope this time I do get a chance!

Regards,
- Alistair

Eheh, congratulations for the marriage, then (even though it's been a while now, lol). And I'll be waiting -- after all, I've waited for so many years, I can wait a few more months. Just please try not to forget it!
Boogeyman

Gotcha!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 01:03:01 AM »

Thanks! The quality is very poor, though, but it's better than nothing.
It's still considerably better than my last rip of KQ7 was. Now, if I could just get it to sound like that in SCI Viewer...

Viva la revolucion!
Alistair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 02:25:09 AM »

Eheh, congratulations for the marriage, then (even though it's been a while now, lol). And I'll be waiting -- after all, I've waited for so many years, I can wait a few more months. Just please try not to forget it!

Thanks- we met through *my* Sierra music website Tongue

You're welcome to post on those forums about KQ7. Smiley

Few more months- well I have semi-bad news for you- I got a job today. Tongue So while that's excellent for me and my site, KQ7 (although I still have the intention) may not happen just yet. I do want to work on a GM orchestral project though.. (i.e. KQ7.)

- Alistair
haradan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 08:25:53 AM »

What card was KQ7 originally composed for? I've been recording Sorcerian and I'm almost finished, so I could pick KQ7 as my next recording project, but it would be a MT32 soundtrack, which I'm not sure if it's the best option. I know Alistair's opinion would be that is not the original soundtrack, and while that is true, I don't know, maybe somebody may be interested in it anyway. What do you say?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: