After some months, I've now finished another version (not an "enhancement") of a Sierra soundtrack. This time it's been Gabriel Knight I. The individual mp3 320 kbps files can be downloaded here: http://shadowfax.ismael.cat/gk1/
, and there's also a big RAR file with the complete soundtrack (42 files).
This time, and contrary to previous conversions (such as the Larry series, King's Quest VI, etc.), I've found several timing problems in the original midi soundtrack. Indeed, in general terms the GK1 midi soundtrack is quite "dirty" (odd sustained notes, velocity issues, etc.), which made the conversion harder and with less good results. Nevertheless, I've tried to do my best and I hope that someone likes it.
I've used what has become my "usual equipment" for music production: A Roland Fantom XR (expanded with SRX-03, SRX-04, SRX-06, SRX-07, SRX-09 and SRX-10 cards), a Roland RD-700GX (expanded with SRX-01 and K-RD700GX1 cards), a Yamaha Motif Rack XS and a M-Audio Delta 192 PCI soundcard. For editing, recording and mixing, I use Cubase and Audacity.